Thursday, July 19, 2012

turning 30

I am turning 30!
I said it and now it is out there. You have no idea how hard that is to say. My birthday isn't until March, but I can't stop thinking about. I've been thinking about all the things I want to do before I'm 30 and decided that I will put my list here. While I was creating my list I googled around checking out other people's 'things to do before thirty' list. There was a lot of go bungee jumping, skydiving, swimming with sharks type stuff out there. I have zero desire to do any of that. My list might seem boring to some, but it is all things that are personal to me.

Things I MUST do Before I am 30!

Physical:
Be and stay at goal weight (post baby-40 down 20 lbs to go!)
Get fit (like actually have muscles fit)
Run a race (I think the Color Fun Run in Austin would be a blast)
Get eyes fixed (I have always had poor (legally blind) eyesight, but pregnancy has made it worse)
Get teeth fixed (Absolutely terrified to go to the dentist, but it must be done)

Just Cause:
Buy a vintage(or vintage inspired) dress
Sew my picnic quilt
Go on a picnic (and eat on my quilt)
Paint something for myself (no idea)
Make adam and my photo albums (we have ten years of pictures with no home)

How I Live:
Simplify! (EVERYTHING!)
Start a fruit and veggie garden (I am thinking a container garden on patio)
Start recycling (so terrible... I don't even know where the recycling center is)

Spiritual:
Go to church consistently
Get involved with something that moves me (I have no idea yet)


So now it is out there and I can't avoid it. I better go get started.

1 comment:

  1. I like your list Emily. I am checking some of those same things off of my own list-at my age it is about time!

    ReplyDelete