Thursday, September 9, 2010

books, books, books

This summer I realized that I really enjoy reading. Then I realized that buying books can be pretty expensive. So I went to the public library for the first time in 20ish years. It was completely overwhelming. I have been really into reading christian romance books this summer. Most people tend to laugh at me a bit when I tell them that, but they are really good. Adam makes fun of me calling them my trashy ::wink:: novels. Here are the books that I've read the last couple months.
  • A Bride in the Bargain / Deeanne Gist
  • A Bride most Begrudging / Deeanne Gist
  • Deep in the Heart of Trouble / Deeanne Gist
  • Maid to Match / Deeanne Gist
  • The Measure of a Lady / Deeanne Gist
  • A Passion Denied / Julie Lessman
  • A Passion Most Pure / Julie Lessman
  • A Passion Redeemed / Julie Lessman
  • Eden Close / Anita Shreve
They were all wonderful books. Unfortunately I don't know what to read next. As you can see I will find an author and read everything I can find of theirs. There is one more Gist book called Beguiled, but it hasn't been available yet. I think I have decided to read a few classic literature books next. I am thinking:
  • Jane Eyre (1847) Charlotte Bronte
  • Wuthering Heights (1847) Emily Bronte
  • Pride and Predudice (1813) Jane Austen
I was trying to find a list of 'must read' books like the AFI has for movies, but I couldn't find one. If anyone has any suggestions they are welcomed.

1 comment:

  1. All the Jane Austen books are very entertaining! And I just recently read Jane Eyre. It's a pretty uncomplicated story considering how long it is, but very satisfying. I love happy endings :)

    ReplyDelete