Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Top Secret Project Complete!

I made my first quilt! I had thrown a baby shower for a friend (Michelle) last summer. After the shower I had kept all the fabric we used and told her I would make her something with it. Here is that something. I am very happy with how it turned out. I hope she likes it as much as I do. I definitely learned a lot about quilting from making this one and I am looking forward to making another.

Here is the front of the quilt. I got the idea from a quilt I saw on a blog, but changed it to fit the size of the quilt (45ishx60ish) and the number of patterned fabric I had. The three patterned fabrics were the ones used at the baby shower then I just added the neutral for the sashing and the espresso for the binding.


Close up of the quilting on the front.


This is the back of the quilt. I had to seam two pieces of fabric together to get a piece big enough... not easy to do with this pattern (at least for me).


This is a close up of the binding and of the tag I made. Hand sewing the back of the binding took waaaay longer than I thought it would. By the time I was done I got the hang of it... it should go quicker next time. For the tag I used the neutral fabric and placed it in an embroidery hoop then sewed it using embroidery thread with colors that match the fabric.

1 comment:

  1. That is very impressive Emily! Very good job, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete