Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Emma's Room

Since Emma has been old enough to sleep in her own room we've noticed that the windows in her room make it either extremely hot or cold depending on the season. The arch on top of her window also lets in so much light during the day it is almost impossible to get her to nap in there.


This is part 1 of the solution. We cut out a wood arch and painted it. The side facing the exterior of the house is just a medium neutral brown color. It took me forever to decide what to paint on the other side. It eventually came to me 'what would Emma want if she had the words to tell me?'.
Emma loves owls and is obsessed with the moon, so this seemed perfect. Part 2 of the solution includes putting a shelf under the arch that extends the length of the 3 windows and putting trim on the shelf to conceal a curtain rod(or track). Part 3 is the making of the curtains.

1 comment:

  1. I love the mural, that's a very original way to cover the arch. You have created a lot of great projects. I'm way behind on reading your blog-I didn't realize that you were updating so often. I enjoyed looking at all your creations, I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete