Sunday, June 12, 2011

Emma's Window Phase 3

I have finished the 3rd and final stage to Emma's window... the curtains! It took me forever to find fabric that I loved. I used Fairgrounds Modern Texture Yellow from DS Quilts Collection by Denyse Schmidt.

The purpose of the curtains, other than being adorable is to keep her room warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and to keep all the light out. Therefore, I backed the curtains with a thick black-out liner.

Here is a detailed look at the top back of the curtain
(Sorry, the thread sticking up is driving me crazy too)

This is a detail look at the bottom back of the curtain.

The finished curtains closed.

The finished curtains open.

I am super happy with how they turned out. I wished the finished pictures looked better, but I was having flash problems with my camera. I think after another steam the curtains will hang even better. On to the next project...

No comments:

Post a Comment